Friday, September 18, 2015

Acts of Kindness

Sometimes we have the honor of participating in other people's acts of kindness.  In my case, I have the privilege of bringing gifts to the children living at the Lily of the Valley Children's Village.

A group of ladies from our church meet once a month to knit or crochet together.  Like many knitting circles they meet to socialize and perfect their craft.   Yet, in this group they have another purpose. They are making items to give to others - lap blankets for the nursing home, baby items for the hospitals, and gifts for children living in orphanages.  They have been storing their handiwork and this week another adoptive mom and I were honored to choose items to take to the orphanages we will be visiting. 

So, as I pack our suitcases this weekend they will contain




Thank you, ladies, for your generosity.  I am honored to have a small part in bringing joy to children living in a South African orphanage.


No comments:

Post a Comment