Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Final Step Completed!!

We’re doing the happy dance.  After an hour plus wait at the US Consulate office we received Miriam’s visa this morning.  She is now able to fly home to the US.  Miriam was very proud to receive her passport with the visa in it.  She knows the visa is important even though she doesn’t truly understand what it is. 

We celebrated by eating lunch at a restaurant in the giant mall beside the US Consulate office.  The mall is fully decorated for Christmas, but the unusual thing for us is that the stores have all their swimwear on display alongside the Christmas items.

This afternoon we took naps.  Definitely not a very exciting way to celebrate but I think we’re all feeling drained from this entire process. Then we packed and organized our luggage.  Thankfully, we had not unpacked all of our things when we arrived in Johannesburg so there wasn’t too much to pack.

Our flight leaves at 7:55 pm tomorrow evening so we will have a low key day before checking out of the apartment and heading for the airport.  We’re looking forward to being stateside!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that everything is finalized and you get to come home! I will miss my evening updates on your adventures, though. :-) I can't wait to see you all and meet Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is great news, Jen! I am so happy for you. I know you all must be exhausted. Praying for you, for safe travels, peaceful mealtimes, and maybe even naps for all on the airplane. We love you!

    ReplyDelete