Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bedtime

We went to Miranda's house for bedtime tonight. She was sporting a new haircut (a.k.a. buzzcut) and was just finishing her bath. I put on her pajamas and then rocked her to sleep. She was asleep within 5 minutes (I'm not expecting this success on a regular basis :)

Meanwhile, the older girls were playing with Dad and asking if they could come with us, too. They even got out the photo album I sent and talked about how big Miranda's room is. The one little girl was begging to come along. How do you explain to a 6 year old or a 13 year old why she can't come and have a Grandma and Grandpa? How do you explain why Miranda gets her own room in a big house while they are living with 3 girls in one bedroom? The children here are absolutely adorable and the hardest thing is knowing that only one is getting a permanent family.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonder you must be to these children. time toincluse a picture? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting and progress is being made with Miranda. Dad's beard is always an attraction!

    ReplyDelete