Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grumpy Mommy

Miranda woke up at 6:30am this morning and I definitely was not ready to get up that early.  I have not been sleeping well with her right beside me.  I wake up when she makes too much noise and I wake up when she is too quiet. 

I thought it would be good to spend some time out of the lodge today (it gets tiring being in the same building all the time and if we go outside near the road to Miranda's house she wants to go back there).  We ran errands so I could make prints of photos I took of Miranda's house sisters to give them as gifts.  We also stopped at the grocery store since we were out of Miranda's favorites - grapes & bananas.  Miranda was very wide-eyed riding around in the front of the grocery cart during her first excursion to a grocery store.

This afternoon Miranda was looking very sleepy and I was tired as well, so I laid down with her on the bed for her nap.  Well, I dozed off for a few minutes and woke up to see her there with eyes wide open.  I tried patting, singing, rocking, laying still and nothing worked to get her to fall asleep.  Meanwhile, I was feeling rather groggy and desperately wanting to sleep.  After 45 minutes of trying to get her to sleep she was becoming more awake and talking and bouncing as I rocked her.  So, I finally gave up on the idea of a nap (for her or for me).   Needless to say, this did not put me in the best frame of mind for the afternoon.  I was tired and easily annoyed.

Miranda ended up taking a catnap around 5:30 and was unhappy when she woke up around 6:00.  Dad kept her entertained while I made dinner.  She is always happy and smiling while eating, so dinner went well.  She was fine with an early bath and had fun pouring cups of water on her head!  When I put her to bed she laid down without a peep...now it is just Mommy who needs some sleep :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sleepy just reading this! It does seem to be that kids wake up early on the weekend and you have to wake them up for school...so sounds like all is normal...congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...motherhood. Sounds like your getting right to the good stuff! ;) I'm sure in a few weeks, when you're home and settled into 'real' life, that she'll get into a normal routine and nap time will be easy. Love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete