Sunday, January 29, 2012

Having Fun

I need to perfect the technique of keeping one eye on Miranda while I am doing other things.  Yesterday, I was brushing my teeth and I turned around to see a large amount of toilet paper on the floor :)  Then she was sitting on the counter while I was slicing an apple and when I looked up she had squirted a huge glob of dish detergent on her hands.  Today we visited an Anglican church for the Sunday morning service and I experienced first hand the challenges of keeping a 2 year old occupied during the service.  She did remarkably well but it was still quite distracting to keep her quietly entertained.  Dad gave her a mint which she took out of her mouth multiple times until she was quite sticky.  Then she decided to undress the Barbie during the prayer which somehow seemed indecent.  The sermon was good but I'm not sure that I caught all the points!  Miranda is definitely keeping me on my toes...

This afternoon we got out her motorcycle for her to ride on the driveway.  She had a blast, especially because the driveway is on a slight downhill slope so she would roll down quite fast.  She makes great facial expressions and I was happy to catch a few on camera.  Of course, riding a motorcycle is hard work and she fell asleep on my lap as we were sitting outside.




3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great, thank you for posting them. She is a busy girl! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this to the girls, actually, yesterday's post, Nina pointed to her nose and mine so - that's a popular game here too! So neat to hear your daughter say 'I love you', isn't it? May you hear it often!

    PS Heidi didn't seem interested in the Zebra rug, but still seems to think you should bring her a giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this just in, Hailey says she would like the zebra rug ;)

    ReplyDelete