In 2012 my life was forever changed when I became Miranda's mom.
Now we return to South Africa to adopt a little sister, Miriam Thandokuhle
Monday, January 9, 2012
Paperwork Completed
All the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed - my paperwork was officially apostilled by the state this morning! (And thanks to Annie, my wonderful chauffeur, I was not stressed by this last minute excursion).
Jen, Just wanted to let you know that you have been on my heart and mind so much these last 2 days! I have been praying for you, and your father, and for Miranda Joy. I have prayed for good nights' rest for all of you in the days and nights leading up to tonight/tomorrow so that you are all as ready and refreshed as you can be for the whirlwind ahead of you. Know that you are always being remembered in prayer, and just enjoy and savor every single moment of the coming days!!
Hailey on flying to South Africa. This morning I said, 'Do you think Aunt Jenny has met Miranda yet?' We began talking about how long the flight was and how you were flying this whole time and how it was lunch time there and we hadn't had breakfast yet. She didn't quite get that part...anyway, I asked her if she knew where Miranda lived and she said 'Africa'. I then said South Africa is a place we will likely never go, it's far away and she said we could get a big plane and go. I asked if she wanted to be a pilot and she said she and I should learn to fly and I said, 'We'd have to go to a lot of school to do that' and she said 'Well, I've already gone to, like, 50 days of preschool!' and I asked did you learn how to fly airplanes and she said 'Yes! in my imagination!' I thought that was a pretty neat thought! Anyway, we are all thinking of you and are anxious to hear how EVERYTHING is going, but no rush...hope all went and is going super well!
Praise God!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Jen! I hope the next few weeks are smooth sailing! We'll send prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you but can't wait to meet our niece and cousin!
ReplyDeleteYeah - moving on to your important journey :)
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that you have been on my heart and mind so much these last 2 days! I have been praying for you, and your father, and for Miranda Joy. I have prayed for good nights' rest for all of you in the days and nights leading up to tonight/tomorrow so that you are all as ready and refreshed as you can be for the whirlwind ahead of you.
Know that you are always being remembered in prayer, and just enjoy and savor every single moment of the coming days!!
off you go!! have a safe trip and our prayers are with you every step of the way!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying for you and Miranda....and your dad, too!
ReplyDeleteHailey on flying to South Africa. This morning I said, 'Do you think Aunt Jenny has met Miranda yet?' We began talking about how long the flight was and how you were flying this whole time and how it was lunch time there and we hadn't had breakfast yet. She didn't quite get that part...anyway, I asked her if she knew where Miranda lived and she said 'Africa'. I then said South Africa is a place we will likely never go, it's far away and she said we could get a big plane and go. I asked if she wanted to be a pilot and she said she and I should learn to fly and I said, 'We'd have to go to a lot of school to do that' and she said 'Well, I've already gone to, like, 50 days of preschool!' and I asked did you learn how to fly airplanes and she said 'Yes! in my imagination!' I thought that was a pretty neat thought! Anyway, we are all thinking of you and are anxious to hear how EVERYTHING is going, but no rush...hope all went and is going super well!
ReplyDelete