Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crocodile Tears

Miranda was the youngest of six house sisters and we are starting to suspect that she would cry as a way to manipulate the older sisters and get her way.  The other day I told her she was not allowed to sit backwards on her motorcycle and ride it downhill.  She started to cry at being told no (and as a mean mommy I did not change my mind at her tears).  Since her tears were not having an impact on me, she went over to Grandpa.  She was crying with her hands over her face and occasionally, she would move her hands to peek at Grandpa and see if he was responding.  After a few minutes of no response, she abruptly stopped crying and dry-eyed continued playing.

This morning I went outside because I needed to send an email (we still can’t access the internet inside our rooms, but have to go outside).  Well, Miranda was upset that I left and started crying.  Dad tried to comfort her, but she was mad and swatted his hand away.  She cried for a little while and then switched to crocodile tears.  She would cry then stop and look at dad; then she would start to cry again.  After several rounds of this, he asked if she wanted to take a walk and she was ready to go.  Hmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment