Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jet Lag

Miranda woke up at 1:20am this morning and was wide awake!  She was happy and cheerful and ready to play.  We came downstairs and played with her new toys in the playroom.  She was having a great time, totally unaware that it was the middle of the night.  She then went back to sleep at 5:20am and slept for 2 hours.  We had a second breakfast around 7:30 this morning.  She was awake the rest of the morning and "helped" Mommy with the laundry.  She had a great time sitting in the laundry basket. She was actually a help with one load and moved all the clean clothes out of the dryer into the laundry basket.


I am quickly discovering that my house is not prepared for the curiosity of a 2 year old.  I am also learning that I can't put things down on the edge of the kitchen counters as Miranda can reach the countertop if she stretches (she gave me a scare when I turned around to see her holding a knife!  Mommy needs to be re-trained on where to put things in the kitchen).  Dad came and installed some drawer/door latches in my kitchen and Mom and I re-arranged a few kitchen cupboards.  Hopefully, I am quickly adjusting :)

Miranda was so tired tonight she could barely stay awake through dinner.  She went to bed a little after 6pm.  I need to go to bed myself since I know I will be having a very early morning...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home safely! I will pray for a quick adjustment back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Miranda. I am sure it feels great to be back. I have so loved following your story. I hope you keep blogging. :-) Praying for you!

    Beth V.

    ReplyDelete