Miranda and I wore our new outfits to church today…
We visited a nearby Baptist church. I was much more relaxed today compared to last week because the singing put Miranda to sleep and she slept through most of the sermon! The fun part of visiting the church was that the people were very friendly. We met several people who were supportive of adoption, knew the orphanage where Miranda is from, and were very interested in our story. One girl wanted my email address because her brother is working for an organization who is trying to promote adoption within the South African church. Another lady gave us her phone number in case we need anything while we are here or want advice on sightseeing. And the service itself was good, too :)
Miranda and I went swimming in the pool today. She is getting more adventuresome each time. She rode on the raft and occasionally dipped her head in the water. When she wanted to get off the raft, she would just slide off (which certainly kept me on my toes). She got upset when I would not let her go on the third step (which is over her head) and tried to squirm out of my grip! I think swimming lessons will be in order…
We started playing a simple version of hide and seek with Miranda today. She was thrilled whenever she found me and would give me a hug!
Very cute picture! Glad your church experience was better this week.
ReplyDeleteYour outfits are very nice and I'm glad you took a picture. Mom
ReplyDelete