Monday, February 6, 2012

Sleep (or lack thereof)

Miranda played in her pack'n'play for an hour last night instead of going to sleep.  Needless to say, she was not her normal sunny self today.  She was grumpy at the grocery store and didn't want to ride in the cart (since we only have a mini refrigerator we go grocery shopping every few days, so perhaps the novelty of the grocery store is wearing off).  Then we went to the laundromat (it was full service) and after dropping off our clothes we walked in a few adjacent stores.  Well, she certainly did not want to go shopping.  Dad took her to the playground and she was fine until she saw me and then she cried until I carried her.  Even after her morning nap, she was still fussy.  It seems like every few days Miranda comes up with a new way of avoiding sleep and Mommy is not as creative in coming up with ways to help her go to sleep :)

Good news - the internet connection at our lodge is fixed!!  We have a strong signal and I am actually sitting inside while I write this.  Oh, the little luxuries in life...




2 comments:

  1. So normal... every toddler I know is well behaved until ' Mom' shows up and then they feel free and safe and relaxed enough to meltdown. One of the things I really appreciate about Miss Miranda is that she is real and is fearless... great signs of 'security'. One child at a time.... you make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Determined to figure out how to comment today!

    I loved you in your Mommy and me church outfits on Sunday!!

    Let's hope the grouchies are gone tomorrow!! =) Grocery shopping is not a real hit here either, at this point!! (For ANY of us - I dread it too!!)

    Megan was still on 2 naps a day at 2 years old also, I think, so they must both be little sleepy heads! I can't remember when she gave up that AM nap. In the months after 3 1/2 she gave up the PM nap, which might be on the early side (I think lots of 4yo's and some 5 yo's still take an afternoon nap - maybe it is having big brothers to keep up with - so she fights it - some weeks she NEEDS one!!) I guess I am thinking every time a routine gets established, it is already time to adjust it for something - time changes, dropping naps, parent's changing schedules, and this month you and Miranda will add in jet lag and a new and strange room!! WOW!! It's tricky stuff anyway, but harder in a time of big changes!

    I love how you make it sound like a battle of wits!! Miranda sounds like a worthy opponent (in every way!!)! So cute!

    You are awesome!! Loving all the updates and glad to be able to comment to tell you how much!!

    ReplyDelete