Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paperwork Progress

Good News!  Miranda's unabridged birth certificate and temporary passport have both been issued and we will pick them up tomorrow.  This completes our paperwork through the South African government :)  The final step is to apply for Miranda's visa to enter the US at the US Consulate in Johannesburg.

Miranda is a little sponge of learning.  We were coloring a few days ago and I wrote her name on the paper and said "M for Miranda".  This has become a favorite phrase except she says 'Mmmmm' with quite a flourish.  She was talking in her pack'n'play tonight at bedtime and that's what she kept saying "M for Miranda".  I have also been trying to teach her to give a kiss so I added a new verse to "If you're happy and you know it..." that says "If you're happy and you know it give a kiss".  Miranda has gradually been learning to give a kiss during that verse.  Tonight she was lying down to go to sleep and she stood up in her pack'n'play to give me a kiss for that verse (I thought this was very sweet but it may have also been her way of prolonging going to bed :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad the paperwork is getting completed in a timely fashion. You are very creative to add such a cute verse to that song- good job Mommy!Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete