We are finally home!!
It was a long journey and I am so excited that Miranda is upstairs sleeping in her crib in her own home as I write this.
Miranda was not thrilled with the procedures that occur at the airport. She wanted to run around whenever we needed to wait in line and she wanted me to carry her whenever we were lugging around our carry-on bags. However, she loved (!) the escalators and moving sidewalks and we rode them numerous times :)
She did exceptionally well on the flight but it was a looooong flight. She slept through the take-off and landing, so I guess her ears didn't bother her. She also enjoyed watching "Horton Hears a Who" (without headphones) on the inflight movie system. I started the movie for her at least four times. We also kept her happy by feeding her lots of juice boxes (which also meant lots of diaper changes). Thankfully, the flight wasn't full so we had plenty of space. I will admit that it felt like the longest flight I have ever been on!
The immigration process into the US went very smoothly and quickly. It was almost anticlimatic. As we collected our luggage Miranda was running around in circles, she was so excited to be off the plane :)
Grandma and Aunt Amy picked us up at JFK and Miranda slept for most of the car ride home. To add a little excitement to the trip we got a flat tire in Newark, DE. Dad changed it to the spare but then the spare came off the rim. We were almost home, but not quite. Thankfully, Pam came to the rescue and picked us up. Miranda was happy after her nap and was very content to sit and play in her car seat during the wait.
When we got home Miranda was very excited and explored the house. She also liked her playroom and all the toys. She bonded quickly with Aunt Amy and had a great time playing and laughing with her. However, she was quite scared of the cat. She was very startled when she saw Natty and backed away from her. After several hours at home, she finally reached out to pet Natty (from the safety of sitting on my lap and with coaching and encouragement from Grandma). Let's hope she quickly adjusts to her new pet! Miranda cried when Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Amy left. By this evening she was exhausted from the travel and long day, but all in all she did quite well.
God is so good!!! So glad you are home. It is great to see Miranda's big smile. I bet your bed will feel great tonight!!
ReplyDelete