We have begun the final leg of our journey and are now in Sandton in the northern part of Johannesburg. We drove through absolutely beautiful country on our way here. We enjoyed the green rolling hills and unique rock formations. We also saw large farms and pasturelands.
The trip took about 7 hours with 6 hours of driving and an hour stop for lunch. Miranda did really well in the car and was quite happy to run around when we arrived.
We are staying in an apartment at the Highgrove Guest House. We are excited to have 2 bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen! Miranda had a great time exploring our new place. She opened all the doors, jumped on the couch, turned on the TV, went out on the patio, and ran into every room. The Guesthouse is very laid back. When we arrived they asked if we were willing to stay in a different apartment than what we had booked yesterday (which was fine). As we toured the apartment I asked about the price and the lady gave us an initial price. Then we continued to talk and she gave us a reduced price. Next, I said asked if we should go to the office so she could scan my credit card and get our information. Her response was, “don’t worry about it, just stop by sometime tomorrow”. So, I guess we’re here on the honor system!



Glad your trip went well. Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you arrived safely! I thought it was quite brave of you to tackle such a long trip, in a foreign country, with a toddler.
ReplyDeleteThis is Heidi. I just read your blog! It was very interesting. I have told my friends at school about Miranda. I hope I see you soon, Bye.
ReplyDelete