Miranda had a great time at the zoo. The story is that she was more fascinated by the riding lawn mower than any of the animals…but perhaps that is just a rumor. She did like the howler monkeys and learn to imitate their “howl” (she demonstrated for me when they got back). The trip to the zoo was a great success and Miranda never cried once because Mommy wasn’t there.
On the other hand, when Dad and Miranda left the guest house I felt a little lost and sad. I think I was more upset about Miranda leaving than she was! I enjoyed my visit to the Gore plant but it was a little odd to think about work after being completely consumed with the adoption for the last four weeks. At lunch, several people asked about my adoption and Miranda. Since Derrick had met Miranda on Sunday he even "bragged" about her coordination and ability to use silverware :)
We all returned to the guest house by early afternoon, so Miranda and I went swimming in the pool. As always, Miranda had a great time in the water. Some of the time I swung her around in the deeper water. The rest of the time she poured water into and out of her sand bucket. Her sand bucket toys include a ladle which she used to pour water in and out of the bucket. Then she got the idea to pour water on my head! She thought this was hilarious and laughed her big belly laugh and then did it again and again. She also poured water on her own head but it seemed more fun to pour water on Mommy!


The pictures are so cute. Glad grandpa had a good day with his "sweetheart". Love, Mom
ReplyDelete